Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Nigerians in their large numbers marched in solidarity to honour the army and regional forces fighting Boko Haram in the northeast, while the support was ongoing thousands of Cameroonians in Yaounde also stood up, rising in support for their troops on Saturday.
Channels TV reports that the march was organized by Support Our Troops Foundation.
They were motivated to hold the march due to the recent progress the army have made in the fight against the terrorists – especially reports of reclaimed territories by the troops.
The foundation expressed its hope that the march would boost the morale of the soldiers.
Nigerian Army spokesperson, Chris Olukolade, was present at the march, and he expressed his appreciation to all who participated in the march, promising that “never again will reclaimed territories fall to the insurgents.”
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom