Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The First Lady of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan has described APC presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari as a crawling baby who have nothing to offer Nigeria.
Mrs Jonathan stated this at the PDP women campaign, which took place at IBB square, Makurdi, Benue state.
According to Mrs Jonathan, “a child that is still crawling at age 72 does not have anything new to offer the people of Nigeria.”
The first lady described the APC as a sinking ship that would drown and remain under forever. She also lambasted Buhari and the APC over plans to phase out the office of the First Lady.
She appreciated the women of Benue State for their support and said that she has seen that Benue is for PDP.
Also speaking at the rally, the state Governor, Gabriel Suswam, said President Goodluck Jonathan is a true democrat, adding that Nigeria “must be ruled by democrats.”
Noting that the future of the nation is guaranteed under Jonathan, the state governor said: “Victory will be ours on 28 March 2015.”
He added that the nation is in need of leaders who can think straight; leaders the people can count on and whose word is bond.
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads