Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, the Borno based pastor who exposed the Christians Association of Nigeria for collecting N7 billion bribe from President Goodluck Jonathan to campaign against the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate in the March 28 election, said his life is in danger.
Since the exposure according to Nigeria’s PUNCH Newspaper, Musa-Dikwa said he had received several threat messages, accusing him of working for the presidential campaign of the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari.
But the whistle-blower cleric denied the allegation, saying that neither Buhari or Goodluck Jonathan is good for Nigeria.
He spoke on Tuesday with media men in Kaduna, insisting that the bribe was collected and that Governor Rotimi Amaechi, who said the bribe was N6billion, got his figures wrong.
He said the Christians body got the bribe January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3m each to state chairmen of the CAN across the country. He also played an audio of someone taped corroborating his position.
Dikwa, who was an Associate Pastor with the E. Y. N. Church (Enklesiyan Yan’uwan A Nijeriya) Farm Centre, Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, under Rev. Emmanuel Kwajihe between 2002-2004, said the CAN had started threatening Christians in Borno that they must re-elect President Jonathan in the rescheduled election.
He said that he fell out with the national body of CAN when sometimes in 2013 some clerics from the United States (Christians Association of Nigeria-Americans) visited Nigeria and donated the sum of $50,000 to the victims of the Boko Haram violence in Borno State.
He explained that rather than disbursing the money to serve the purpose for which it was meant, CAN merely gave the victims a paltry N100,000.
The cleric added that when he asked the leadership of the body about the $50,000 for the victims, they became furious.
“This was the beginning of our disagreement with the national body of CAN,” he said.
“I sent text messages to the CAN leadership, asking them to repent otherwise I will expose them. Nobody replied me. That is why I decided to open up. Some people say that I am working for Buhari. It is not true. I am not working for anybody. It is not today that I started writing on Boko Haram. I stand for the truth. Boko Haram affects everyone, Christians and Muslims.”
“I am not working for anybody. I am standing for the truth. I am standing for righteousness and for my people, whether Christians or Muslims.
“I have always said that both President Goodluck Jonathan and Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd) are not good for Nigeria. I am praying and I am always telling the people that God will stop them (Jonathan and Buhari).”
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state