Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Prime Minister and UK envoy to the Middle East, Tony Blair, has confirmed he held a private meeting with the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari(retd) in London, weekend.
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State had claimed Gen Buhari was not in any meeting with Tony Blair, but that the former head of state had checked into a London hospital. He claimed the APC photoshoped a photo showing Tony Blair, Buhari, Governor Amosu of Ogun State and former Kwara State Governor, Bukola Saraki.
Vanguard contacted Tony Blair’s office and got confirmation that the former Prime Minister did had a meeting with the APC candidate.
In an e-mail response to an inquiry, Rianne Buter in Tony Blair office, said: “ Mr. Blair had a private meeting with General Muhammadu Buhari in London,” adding that “Mr. Blair hopes to visit Nigeria shortly when he will see the President.”
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly