Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Monday went hard on the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP a political group he served as President and then became member of its Board Of Trurstees as a Chairman.
Obasanjo who finally dumped the ruling party in the presence of PDP members from ward 11 in Abeokuta North local government, said he would prefer to be an elderstateman.
The former President while addressing members of the PDP at his Presidential hilltop mansion in Abeokuta who came to confirm whether he has been expelled from the party or not.
Obasanjo who has been very critical of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan tears PDP membership card in public.
He reportedly tore his membership card but has not declared his interest to join any other party.
Details to follow..
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state