Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Monday went hard on the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP a political group he served as President and then became member of its Board Of Trurstees as a Chairman.
Obasanjo who finally dumped the ruling party in the presence of PDP members from ward 11 in Abeokuta North local government, said he would prefer to be an elderstateman.
The former President while addressing members of the PDP at his Presidential hilltop mansion in Abeokuta who came to confirm whether he has been expelled from the party or not.
Obasanjo who has been very critical of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan tears PDP membership card in public.
He reportedly tore his membership card but has not declared his interest to join any other party.
Details to follow..
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844