Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo as the number one enemy of Nigeria, saying: “he is a confusionist who has lost his status as a statesman and Nigerians should simply ignore him.”
The governor, who expressed confidence that President Goodluck Jonathan will be re-elected for a second term, added that: “Obasanjo is only fighting President Jonathan because he prevented him (Obasanjo) from ruling Nigeria from his Ota Farm.”
In a statement issued on Sunday by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said, “Obasanjo is a cancer in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Nigeria that may never get cured in a lifetime.
“The moment Obasanjo is not the one controlling a house, he will want the house pulled down but this time around, he has failed.”
The governor said; “Obasanjo has always benefitted from the misfortune of others and he is living with the impression that he is the wisest person in the whole world.
“When Murtala Mohammed was murdered in 1976, Obasanjo was the beneficiary.
“In 1993, he said the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, late Chief MKO Abiola was not the Messiah Nigeria needed. Instead of Obasanjo to join the clamour for the actualisation of Abiola’s mandate, Obasanjo was canvassing for an Interim National Government, which he was scheming to head.
“MKO Abiola died in detention in 1997 and Obasanjo became the beneficiary of his (Abiola) death.
“Despite the fact that it was the blood of MKO Abiola that Obasanjo matched on to power, not even a street was named after Abiola throughout Obasanjo’s eight years as president.
“Today, Obasanjo is fighting President Jonathan, the man who has done what he failed to do for Abiola, the Yoruba people and Nigerians as a whole when he was president for eight years, simply because he does not want anyone to equal his record as Nigeria’s longest serving president.
“President Jonathan has made it impossible for Obasanjo to run his presidency for him and for this reason, he is supporting Buhari, hoping that he will be the one to nominate ministers for Buhari if he becomes president.
“However, I have this bad news for Obasanjo. Nigeria is not his football that he can kick around as he likes. President Jonathan will be re-elected, and Nigeria will be freed from his (Obasanjo) bondage once and for all.”
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom