Estimated Reading Time:
The Niger Republic military has claimed to have killed over 300 Boko Haram fighters in a gun duel around its borders with neighbouring Nigeria.
The Nigerien military had at the weekend said it killed 109 Boko Haram fighters that started attacks in Diffa areas.
A Nigerian military officer serving in the multi-national force confided Sahara Reporter, while it was also confirmed by the country’s Minister of Defence, Mahamadou Karidjo who briefed journalists.
The source said “I can confirm that we received signals that the Niger Republic soldiers killed over 300 of them. And we are also battle ready in our end here around Yobe state that shares border with Diffa region.
“The Boko Haram fighters are gradually running away from border areas into hinterland where they cannot succeed. I can also tell you that very soon, we will cut short their movement and links with villages they get foods and other essentials.
“The alternative they have used to be from Niger, Tchad and Cameroon areas but with this development with multinational military approaches. We will soon cycle them and route all of them and their camps.”
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by We Counted Them One By One And I Can Confirm We Killed Over 300 Boko Haram Fighters, Says Niger Defence Minister and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt