Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tompolo, an ex-Niger Delta Militants who isn’t known for talking, has come out to react to comments that the ex-Nigeri Delta agitators be arrested.
Government Tompolo, that was mute throughout the groups recent public event at the Bayelsa State Government House where they called for war should Jonathan loses the next months elections in Yenagoa has spoken for the first time.
Real name, Government Epkemupolo was reacting barely a day after a former Minister of Defence, Lt.Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, called for their arrest after the ex-militants made the threat in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
Ekpemupolo, in a statement by his Media Adviser, Paul Bebenimibo, wondered why Danjuma, who did not condemn the stoning of Jonathan’s convoy in Katsina and Bauchi states, would want them arrested.
He asked, “Is Gen. Danjuma not aware of the peaceful atmosphere when Gen. Buhari visited Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa states for campaign? Why is it that President Jonathan’s convoy was attacked in Kastina and Bauchi states without any provocation?
“Where was this so-called statesman when the APC campaign Director General, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, threatened to form a parallel government if Jonathan wins the 2015 elections?”
Ekpemupolo said that Danjuma should be reminded that the treaty that brought the Southern and Northern Protectorates together in 1914, expired last year.
He added, “Let Gen. Danjuma and his cohorts know that they will not see any Ijaw man, Igbo and others to fight on their side if the war that they are planning breaks out.
“And finally, Gen. Danjuma and his cohorts should know that I remain resolute on my position in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, that President Goodluck Jonathan must win this election for Nigeria to continue to stay together.”
But as the Federal Government, through the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, cautioned against inflammatory remarks, Ekpemupolo, said Danjuma was the one that should be arrested by security operatives.
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG