Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Social Media Awards Africa grand finale tagged ‘Night of Virtual Wonders’ held on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at The Landmark Event Centre, Lekki with nominees from different countries in Africa present.
The event which was powered by Sterling Bank had in attendance; Timi Dakolo, Yemi Alade, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Japheth Omojuwa, Bolanle Olukanni, Denrele, Simphiwe Dana from South Africa, Kunle Ayo, Tosin Ajibade (Olorisupergal), Chef Eros, Jimi Tewe and others.
Winners include Ben Kiruthi (Kenya), Blogger of the Year Award; Ayari Yassine (Tunisia), Social Media Personality of the Year Award; Michael Hlatshwayo (South Africa, Social Media Hero; Barefootlaw (Uganda) Facebook Page of the Year; Jimi Tewe (Nigeria), Twitter Handle of the Year and The Love Tour KE (Kenya), Influencer of the Year.
Others Award winners are Republic of Rwanda Ministry of Youth and ICT, use of the social media for Government/Public Sector segment; DHL Africa for Private Sector; Stand to End Rape Nigeria for Non-Profit Organization; Adforumco (Nigeria) for Start-up/MSME; KCB Group (Kenya), Financial Institution; Afrinolly (Nigeria) for App of the Year; #TheNiteTalk (Kenya) for Hashtag of the Year; Raha 2.0, Brand of the Year and Nigeria Trade Hub,(Nigeria) for Best Rated Platform.
See first photos.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan