Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Social Media Awards Africa grand finale tagged ‘Night of Virtual Wonders’ held on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at The Landmark Event Centre, Lekki with nominees from different countries in Africa present.
The event which was powered by Sterling Bank had in attendance; Timi Dakolo, Yemi Alade, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Japheth Omojuwa, Bolanle Olukanni, Denrele, Simphiwe Dana from South Africa, Kunle Ayo, Tosin Ajibade (Olorisupergal), Chef Eros, Jimi Tewe and others.
Winners include Ben Kiruthi (Kenya), Blogger of the Year Award; Ayari Yassine (Tunisia), Social Media Personality of the Year Award; Michael Hlatshwayo (South Africa, Social Media Hero; Barefootlaw (Uganda) Facebook Page of the Year; Jimi Tewe (Nigeria), Twitter Handle of the Year and The Love Tour KE (Kenya), Influencer of the Year.
Others Award winners are Republic of Rwanda Ministry of Youth and ICT, use of the social media for Government/Public Sector segment; DHL Africa for Private Sector; Stand to End Rape Nigeria for Non-Profit Organization; Adforumco (Nigeria) for Start-up/MSME; KCB Group (Kenya), Financial Institution; Afrinolly (Nigeria) for App of the Year; #TheNiteTalk (Kenya) for Hashtag of the Year; Raha 2.0, Brand of the Year and Nigeria Trade Hub,(Nigeria) for Best Rated Platform.
See first photos.
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech
- Nigeria@60: Atiku calls for youth-centred development plan
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year