Estimated Reading Time: <1
Rihanna won a lawsuit against British high-end clothing retailer, TopShop, for using her face on a sleeveless tank top without permission.
The picture used was from the Bajan beauty’s ‘We Found Love’ shot back in 2011 and Rihanna probably thought it worthwhile to pursue the case after she recently partnered with River Island, a close competitor to TopShop.
Rihanna’s legal team found an issue where the merchandise was being sold under the impression the ‘Stay’ singer had endorsed the goods, which is considered forgery and a judge sided with Rihanna and agreed this mishap could have easily damaged the mega star’s fashion image.
The new Creative Director for Puma will bring in a cool $5 million from the suit and will also have her legal fees paid for by TopShop….
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls