Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian army has successfully foiled this morning’s attack by suspected members of the Boko Haram on Maiduguri. According to sources at Premium Times, the onslaught by insurgents to capture the state capital, has been defused with great success.
However, it was learnt that, the neighbouring town of Montana, which was also under terrorists siege, appears to have been taken over by the insurgents who are also said to have taken over the military barracks there, a senior soldier in the state capital told Premium Times.
Further facts revealed that, asides battling with attacks from both fronts, soldiers were also battling the rampaging insurgents in Konduga, a town 35km from Maiduguri. The military is expected to release details of the attacks after the battles are completed.
Our source said scores of people including soldiers and insurgents have been killed on the outskirts of Maiduguri since the current battles started late Saturday night. Confirming the fall of Monguno to the insurgents, a military source said “we have decimated the idiots (from Maiduguri) but Monguno has fallen”.
He said the military casualty from the Maiduguri and Monguno battles had been recorded, but would not provide details. Meanwhile, there was no official statement on the expiration of the curfew, that was declared in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, during the siege of the insurgents.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government