Estimated Reading Time: <1
United States Of America Secretary, John Kerry will travel to Lagos, Nigeria, on January 25 to emphasize the importance of ensuring the upcoming elections are peaceful, non-violent, and credible.
It is however not clear what the meeting with the United States is about but NewsWireNGR recalls that as part of efforts to achieve smooth conduct of the forthcoming elections, President Goodluck Jonathan, the flag bearer of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and former head of state Muhammadu Buhari , of the All Progressives Congress (APC) along with12 other presidential candidates, had signed a peace accord.
In a statement issued by Marie Harf, Deputy Department Spokesperson, Office of the Spokesperson Washington, DC, the Secretary will meet with candidates President Goodluck Jonathan and Major General (Retired) Muhammadu Buhari.
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19