Estimated Reading Time: <1
Brazilian youngster, Lucas Silva has joined Spanish giants, Real Madrid from Cruzeiro on a five-and-a-half-year deal. The 21-year old has featured for Brazil at the U-20 and U-21 level previously. He is said to have been on Arsenal‘s wishlist also but the Brazilian chose a move to Spain.
A press statement by Real Madrid on Friday announced his signing. It read:
“Real Madrid and Cruzeiro have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Lucas Silva, who has signed for the club until June 30, 2020.
“The player will be presented on Monday, January 26, at 13:00CET at the Santiago Bernabeu, after undergoing a medical examination.
“Later, Lucas Silva will go out on to the turf of the Bernabeu with the shirt of Real Madrid and meet the media in the press room.”
Good buy for Madrid?
- Nollywood star Ini Edo re-appointed tourism ambassador for Akwa Ibom
- Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi Mandela dies at 59
- Nigeria to review Air agreement with UK, others over landing right withdrawal
- In new reforms, Sudan scraps FGM, alcohol ban & public floggings
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens