Estimated Reading Time: <1
The venue of APC presidential campaign rally in Sokoto state has been changed following a reported bomb scare.
The party had earmarked the Sokoto state stadium for its rally but changed it this morning to the Sokoto Trade Fair complex after a man on a motorcycle was arrested with two bombs on him.
Security sources told TheCable that at 5am on Thursday, a man on a motorcycle was seen making suspicious movements at the stadium, forcing agents to accost him.
It was rumoured that they discovered what looked like bombs on him but the police have dismissed the report.
El-Mustapha Sani Sal, the police spokesman in Sokoto state, denied knowledge of any such incident.
“I’m hearing it for the first time. It is not true. People should go about their normal business,” he told
The trade fair complex had initially been slated for the rally but no explanations were given for the change in venue, which must have fulled the rumour.
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe