Estimated Reading Time: <1
The venue of APC presidential campaign rally in Sokoto state has been changed following a reported bomb scare.
The party had earmarked the Sokoto state stadium for its rally but changed it this morning to the Sokoto Trade Fair complex after a man on a motorcycle was arrested with two bombs on him.
Security sources told TheCable that at 5am on Thursday, a man on a motorcycle was seen making suspicious movements at the stadium, forcing agents to accost him.
It was rumoured that they discovered what looked like bombs on him but the police have dismissed the report.
El-Mustapha Sani Sal, the police spokesman in Sokoto state, denied knowledge of any such incident.
“I’m hearing it for the first time. It is not true. People should go about their normal business,” he told
The trade fair complex had initially been slated for the rally but no explanations were given for the change in venue, which must have fulled the rumour.
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away