Estimated Reading Time: <1
The immediate past Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel has re-emphasised the fact that he remains in the People Democratic Party (PDP) together with his teeming supporters contrary to reports in some media.
In a statement, Otunba Daniel debunked the reports of his defection to other political party as “mere speculation with no iota of truth. I remain in the PDP and nothing has changed”, he affirmed.
He then implored his supporters to remain calm, steadfast and work assiduously for the success of all PDP candidates as presented by the National Working Committee (NWC) at the forthcoming polls.
It will be recalled that Otunba Gbenga Daniel had granted interviews several weeks ago electing to opt out of the senatorial race making his intentions known not to contest for any political post in this dispensation. Although the leadership of the Party, through the National Working Committee has decided that he should run for Ogun East Senatorial seat, Otunba Daniel has yet to concede to the directive or change his mind in spite of pressures on him to run.
“We have not also seen a single poster or any indication to that effect. We all know that if he is running, we would have started to see and feel the vibes and the tell-tale signs in memorabilia, jingles and other electioneering campaign strategies.
According to the former governor, he, along with others are right now busy perfecting strategies to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan has an impressive showing in Ogun State and the entire Southwest geopolitical zone in this year’s presidential election.
- President Buhari has been fair to the southeast despite low 2015, 2019 votes – Femi Adesina
- Ondo Chief Judge rejects assembly’s request to set up probe panel against Ajayi
- Doctors call for state of emergency on COVID-19 in Kogi, Cross River
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications
- My house has never been searched by any security agency – Abdusalami Abubakar
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu