Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool boss, Brendan Rodgers has revealed that the club’s misfiring striker, Mario Balotelli is not doing so well at the moment because the club’s current tactical formation does not suit his playing style.
Speaking ahead of the Red’s Boxing day fixture against Burnley at Turf Moor, Rodgers revealed that the Italian will be available for selection after serving a suspension in the club’s last domestic game. Balotelli has scored only two goals since joining the Reds from AC Milan in the summer transfer window.
‘I think we’ve seen that it’s not really his game (the 3-4-3 system).
‘Having worked with Mario during the time he’s been here, we’ve seen that he’s a player who is better in and around the box, so that level of intensity and pressing isn’t a part of his game.
‘But you try to get the best out of the players that you have, and the qualities that they have, so that’s something that we’ll focus on.
‘The most important thing is that he’s now available after his ban. That adds another player to our squad, especially with Fabio Borini not being available because of suspension’, Rodgers said.
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari