Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool boss, Brendan Rodgers has revealed that the club’s misfiring striker, Mario Balotelli is not doing so well at the moment because the club’s current tactical formation does not suit his playing style.
Speaking ahead of the Red’s Boxing day fixture against Burnley at Turf Moor, Rodgers revealed that the Italian will be available for selection after serving a suspension in the club’s last domestic game. Balotelli has scored only two goals since joining the Reds from AC Milan in the summer transfer window.
‘I think we’ve seen that it’s not really his game (the 3-4-3 system).
‘Having worked with Mario during the time he’s been here, we’ve seen that he’s a player who is better in and around the box, so that level of intensity and pressing isn’t a part of his game.
‘But you try to get the best out of the players that you have, and the qualities that they have, so that’s something that we’ll focus on.
‘The most important thing is that he’s now available after his ban. That adds another player to our squad, especially with Fabio Borini not being available because of suspension’, Rodgers said.
- Election Observers say “Edo Election relatively credible despite high Incidents of Vote buying”
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike