Estimated Reading Time: <1
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ekiti on Monday accused the All Progressives Congress (APC), of copying Governor Ayo Fayose’s “stomach infrastructure’’ initiative.
Secretary of the party in the state, Dr Tope Aluko, who made the criticism in a statement in Ado-Ekiti, added that the action of the APC amounted to “hypocrisy at its peak.”
He said Fayose’s stomach infrastructure initiative was fully adopted by the APC national Leader and former governor of Lagos state, Senator Bola Tinubu.
“Tinubu distributed 2,000 bags of rice, vegetable oil, sugar and little cash to people from various parts of Lagos State on Sunday.
“They abused us for providing immediate succour for our people. They described stomach infrastructure as an insult to Ekiti people.”
“They said it does not add value to the people; that it diminishes their self-esteem, self-worth and that it denigrates what politics ought to be about.
“However, their party leader in Lagos on Sunday adopted the same concept of stomach infrastructure by personally sharing food items to people.
“After condemning the concept, isn’t it rather too late that the APC people are just realising that poverty should be addressed by providing immediate succour?
“Poverty is poverty; it knows no religion and it has no tribal mark; and it affects everyone.
The secretary said that the Fayose-led government would never shy away from the people’s welfare.
“Fayose will continue to run peoples government. He will continue to identify with the masses by putting food on their tables.
“Most importantly, Fayose will provide gainful employment for the youths and assist traders with soft loans so that they can feed themselves,” the statement said
- Biafra: “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan