Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s revolutionary singer, Jesse Jagz Abaga won the award for Lyricist On The Roll at the 2014 Headies Awards ceremony which took place on Sunday at the Eko Convention centre. He however lost out in the album of the year category to Olamide’s Baddest Guy Ever Liveth album.
While receiving his lyricist on the roll award, he dedicated it to the homeless in the society. Afterwards, he went on Twitter to voice his displeasure over the dance routines at the Headies which he found excessive..
I watched the headies.. too much dancing in a country that’s going thru so much. We musicians are the guardians of society.
— Jesse Garba Abaga (@Jessejagz) December 15, 2014
Do you agree with Jesse on this?
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children