Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s revolutionary singer, Jesse Jagz Abaga won the award for Lyricist On The Roll at the 2014 Headies Awards ceremony which took place on Sunday at the Eko Convention centre. He however lost out in the album of the year category to Olamide’s Baddest Guy Ever Liveth album.
While receiving his lyricist on the roll award, he dedicated it to the homeless in the society. Afterwards, he went on Twitter to voice his displeasure over the dance routines at the Headies which he found excessive..
I watched the headies.. too much dancing in a country that’s going thru so much. We musicians are the guardians of society.
— Jesse Garba Abaga (@Jessejagz) December 15, 2014
Do you agree with Jesse on this?
- “Acute corruption, indebtedness and nepotism” – The PDP says of Buhari’s ‘regime’ in 5 years
- Donald Trump, the African strongman in America
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation