Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Suleiman Abba CFR, NPOM, NPM, mni, has called on all his officers especially the members of Inspectorate and Rank and File of the Force to remain resolute in pursuit of their statutory duties as the management team is bent on ensuring that they get their welfare entitlement as and when due.
He has also noted that the problems confronting the Nigeria Police Force are being addressed. He added that they should distance themselves from any act capable of jeopardizing Public peace or that may affect our nascent Democracy.
He further warned that he will not condone any act of indiscipline. He reiterated that any person or group of persons caught making inciting statement in the Force would not only be punished internally, but would also be made to face the wrath of law.
The attention of the IGP was drawn to a publication on page 8 of Daily Sun of Wednesday, December 2014 which bore a communiqué listing some grievances of Policemen.
The IGP assures all Police personnel that efforts are being made by the present Management Team of the Force to address Nigeria Police challenges and improve welfare which includes promotions, courses, issuance of uniforms among others. The IGP further acknowledged their commitment to duties and professionalism at providing safety and securing the Nation, and the sacrifices being made daily by officers.
The Zonal AIGs and Command CPs have been directed to monitor the activities of officers and men.
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths