Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sporadic gunshots ongoing at the venue of Lagos chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Governorship Primaries.
Eyewitness tells NewsWireNGR that teargas was shot to disperse people while party delegates and supporters scamper for safety
Our eyewitness say the gunshots were fired and teargas deployed as order breaks down at the Lagos PDP gubernatorial primaries which is yet to start at Yard 158, Oregun, Lagos.
Delegates were still coming arriving the venue of the primary, but a large number of area boys had converged at the venue before the violence broke out.
The front-runners in today’s PDP primaries are former minister, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, and Jimi Agbaje.
Reports say the situation is much calmer now and party leader, Olabode George and his wife reportedly arrived moments ago
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%