Estimated Reading Time: <1
The former Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, on Monday emerged the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State, in a peaceful primary conducted at Community Secondary School, Nkpolu in Port Harcourt Local Government Area.
Wike, polled 1,083 votes, while Dumbari Dimkpa came a distant second with 21 votes. West Ibinabo got three votes while Emmanuel Georgewill and Lee Maeba got one vote each.
17 out of the 24 governorship aspirants boycotted the exercise. The PDP governorship primary in the state was conducted amidst heavy security presence as operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Security and Special Anti-Robbery Squad were on the ground to ensure the security of lives and property.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?