Estimated Reading Time: <1
…Invaders Flee With Truck Loads Of Dead Members
At least 67 terrorists died during a fierce battle for the control of Ashaka, the host community of Ashaka Cement Plant in Gombe state last Thursday.
Their colleagues managed to retrieve three truckloads full of their members before their final retreat from the town, which they stormed earlier on that day after suffering heavy defeat in the hands of Nigerian troops.
The terrorists who had come in large numbers with heavy equipment and convoy of over 30 vehicles including a number of motor cycles, were on a mission to take control of Ashaka town, after they had operated in Bajoga and environment in the state.
According to a tweet on Defence Headquarters handle (last Friday December 5, 2014) noted that troops who got wind of their intention to over run other towns pursued the terrorists while some also laid ambush for them.
The terrorists were forced to abandon the mission when the troops proved unyielding.
Most of the vehicles and equipment used by the terrorists for their mission, were destroyed before they chose to flee the location.
Unfortunately, more than 10 soldiers, paid the supreme sacrifice during the battle while others who were wounded are being treated in military hospitals
Meanwhile patrolling troops on Saturday had an encounter with a group of terrorists in the Kwanta Yobe area.
Apart from a number of terrorists that died in the encounter, some equipment and weapons including rapid propelling guns (RPGs) tubes, machine guns and rounds of different calibres of ammunition were also captured from the terrorists.
No casualty was recorded on the part of the troops.
- IGP orders investigation into Police petition seeking to end judicial panel
- Ojukwu’s son and wife trade words over Obiano
- Governor Ayade decries exclusion of Bakassi Strike Force from amnesty program
- #EndSARS Protester, Eromosele Adene says indiscriminate profiling of youths is a problem in Nigeria
- ‘Your best is not good enough’, Buhari chastises Service Chiefs
- Abdulrasheed Maina has been brought back to Nigeria after arrest In Niger Republic
- Ghanaian President embroiled in corruption scandal
- Police ask Cross River Judicial Panel of Inquiry to stop sitting
- Lai Mohammed says those asking Buhari to resign over insecurity are “playing dirty politics”.
- ‘President Muhammadu Buhari should fire the people he hired to work for the country’ – Rochas Okorocha