Estimated Reading Time: <1
Russian government denies ownership of the plane detained in Kano said to be loaded with arms.
In a statement posted Sunday by the embassy in Nigeria, the government denies ownership of the plane.
According to the information of the Embassy, the detained in Kano plane, allegedly carrying military hardware on board, is not Russian.
— Russia in Nigeria (@RusEmbNigeria) December 6, 2014
Though the Nigerian government through PR Nigeria had alleged it was a Russian made Antonov aircraft with a chopper tucked in it that was apprehended at Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano Nigeria.
PRNigeria, a Nigerian Government official Public relations agency in a statement issued to NewsWireNGR said intense investigation is ongoing including using diplomatic means to unravel the mission of the aircraft, its origin and destination.
Competent security sources confirmed that the aircraft and crew are under protective custody pending conclusion of investigation.
The affected plane was also said to be carrying two helicopters and bullet proof vests.
A source at the airport told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday that the plane which was bound for D’jamena, Chad Republic, landed at the airport around 2:15am on Saturday.
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped