Estimated Reading Time: <1
English Premier League leaders, Chelsea may be doing so well at the moment but Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger believes that the Blues despite being unbeaten so far this season can still be caught.
Speaking to reporters, he said:
“You cannot say the title race is over after 13 or 14 games”.
“You also cannot say the six-point gap is not catchable.
“We have not started very well but we didn’t have the squad together since the start of the season. It was a post-World Cup start typically. We have to fight like mad now to come back as much as possible to show that we can compete in every single game.
“We have fought many times for the title. People always remember who won it but the fight has been very tight for long periods in the last eight or nine years.
“We have a big competition in England, we have to accept that. The Premier League level goes always up and this season Chelsea have started very well. They will be difficult to catch but everybody will fight to come back on them.”
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%