Estimated Reading Time:
Cameroonian investigative journalist, Bisong Etahoben, is reporting via twitter the arrest of Mahamat Bichara Gnoti, a close associate of Chadian President IIdriss Déby Itno, Saharareporters reports.
Mr. Gnoti was reportedly arrested on the Chadian-Sudan border with 19 SAM2 missiles he purchased from the Sudanese army meant for Boko Haram terrorist in northeastern Nigeria.
Mr. Gnoti who claimed that President Idriss Déby gave him the funds to purchase the weapons, had waved a presidential pass issued to him by Mr. Deby’s office in order to get past border guards but was stopped and searched by the guards who found the deadly weapons on him.
There has not been an official confirmation or denial either by the Chadian or the Nigerian authorities. A text message sent to the office of Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd), the National Security Adviser in Nigeria regarding Gnoti’s arrest did not receive a response, an aide said Mr. Dasuki is traveling in Mexico.
However, the arrest of Mr. Gnoti, if confirmed, will provide solid evidence that the Chadian President is largely behind Boko Haram lightning insurgency in Nigeria’s northwest.
Mr. Derby recently swindled the Nigerian government of millions of dollars in a failed attempt to negotiate the release of some 200 high school girls abducted by Boko Haram from Chibok town in April.
On September 8th President Goodluck Jonathan made a dramatic visit to N’djamena to meet with Idris Derby, Mr. Jonathan was accompanied on the trip by former Governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sherrif.
The visit was condemned by opposition figures and civil society groups in Nigeria as they see it as an open embrace of individuals funding Boko Haram militants.
An Australian negotiator, Stephen Davis had accused Mr. Sheriff and former Chief of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika of actively funding Boko Haram.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles Meant For Boko Haram [Report] and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt