Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian troops are currently conducting aggressive patrols in and around Garkida in Adamawa State after clearing the town of terrorists yesterday. A highly coordinated Air Force operation is backing the troop’s movement and operations in the mission area.
Similar air and land patrols along with mop up operations are being conducted in places such as Gombi, Pella, Hong, Fachi and Duma localities where terrorists have been dislodged as troops continue to advance in their pursuit.
Meanwhile more heavy weapons such as Anti-Aircraft Guns, General Purpose Machine Guns, IED materials, Rocket Propel Launchers as well as rifles and items such as vehicles, motorcycles are being recovered from the fleeing terrorists. The content of other items such as projector, DVD players, laptop computers, mobile phone handsets, memory cards and flash drives recovered from the terrorists are presently being analysed for vital information.
The morale of troops is reported high as they continue on the offensive. The bodies of 2 soldiers who died in one of the encounters have been recovered while the 5 wounded including a Brigade Commander are presently receiving treatment.
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads