Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Nigeria head coach Shuaibu Amodu has been named as the technical director of the Nigeria Football Federation while the current director of technical, Emmanuel Ikpeme will now be the deputy general secretary of the Nigeria football house.
This decision was taken at the Venue Hotel and Suites, Uyo on Wednesday shortly after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations after been forced to a 2-2 draw by South Africa’s Bafana Bafana.
Shortly before announcement, the executive committee apologized to the federal government as well as Nigerians following the Super Eagles’ failure to reach Equatorial 2015.
In the meeting, the body set up an nine-man panel to look into proposals for amendment of the NFF statutes, one of which is to allow the south-east zone produce one more regular member for the present NFF executive committee.
The body is headed by Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi while other members are Olaleye Adepoju, Oswald Atuake, Yusuf Ali Fresh, Ibrahim Gusau, Mohammed Saidu, Chidi Okenwa, Ephraim Chukwuemeka and Joshua Onoja who is the secretary.
Also, a technical study group was named, a body which will be focused on getting talented Nigerian players into the developmental Leagues in Europe for the purpose of creating a pool of future Super Eagles players.
Chairman of the group is Augustine Okocha, with Benedict Akwuegbu, Celestine Babayaro, Michael Obiku, Darlington Omodiagbe, Finidi George, Taribo West, Tijani Babangida, Kashimawo Laloko, Henry Nwosu, Peter Rufai, Dominic Iorfa, Nwankwo Kanu, Dahiru Sadi, Gbenga Ogunbote, Mutiu Adepoju, Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide-Udoh, Ann Chiejine, Eucharia Uche, Salisu Yusuf, Alloy Agu and Benedict Iroha as members.
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman