Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate President, David Mark on Thursday shut the National Assembly over the invasion of the complex by the police.
Mark who is also Chairman of the National Assembly said the Senate and House of Representatives will remain shut till Next Tuesday.
He described the invasion of the assembly is very unfortunate.
There was pandemonium at the National Assembly on Thursday as the House of Representatives reconvened to deliberate on the request by President Goodluck Jonathan to extend the State of Emergency in the three north east states ravaged by Boko Haram.
Though the Speaker eventually gained entrance into the complex, other lawmakers had to scale a fence to get into the complex.
Thursday’s resumption was to deliberate on a single agenda, which is “Consideration of Mr.President’s request for extension of the existing State of Emergency”, according to an earlier statement by the Speaker.
However, there was an alleged attempt to bar the Speaker’s entrance, as his media adviser tweeted, via @imamdimam, that security operatives had dispensed tear gas as well.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death