Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate President, David Mark on Thursday shut the National Assembly over the invasion of the complex by the police.
Mark who is also Chairman of the National Assembly said the Senate and House of Representatives will remain shut till Next Tuesday.
He described the invasion of the assembly is very unfortunate.
There was pandemonium at the National Assembly on Thursday as the House of Representatives reconvened to deliberate on the request by President Goodluck Jonathan to extend the State of Emergency in the three north east states ravaged by Boko Haram.
Though the Speaker eventually gained entrance into the complex, other lawmakers had to scale a fence to get into the complex.
Thursday’s resumption was to deliberate on a single agenda, which is “Consideration of Mr.President’s request for extension of the existing State of Emergency”, according to an earlier statement by the Speaker.
However, there was an alleged attempt to bar the Speaker’s entrance, as his media adviser tweeted, via @imamdimam, that security operatives had dispensed tear gas as well.
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration