Estimated Reading Time: <1
The South-South Consolidated Forum has accused the northern elite of sponsoring Boko Haram insurgency to truncate the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
The statement issued Tuesday partly reads, “On the issue of the on-going faceless insurgency, called Boko Haram, it is not out of place to say that the insurgents are being sponsored by some highly placed, desperate and ambitious politicians from the North who felt that the Presidency is their birth right.”
The forum added that the renewed insurgency in some northern states was the handiwork of overzealous politicians from the region.
The President of the SSCF, Chief Dick Harry, said that the Boko Haram insurgency was the result of a clandestine design by the North to rubbish Jonathan’s administration.
The group alleged that the religious aspect of the bombings in some northern states were mere colouration, accusing desperate politicians of being responsible.
“They do this just to discredit the efforts of the Federal Government. Unfortunately, their evil plans have failed and will continue to fail. The northern leaders and elders forum need to tell the world the truth and rise to the occasion to put an end to this national genocide against innocent Nigerian citizens.”
The group reaffirmed it’s support for the 50 per cent derivation proposed by a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Deprieye Alamieyeseigha, in the just-concluded National Conference.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?