Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles of Nigerias will today (Saturday) square up against the Red Devils of Congo in a 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifier which will take place in Pointe-Noire, Congo.
To ensure qualification for next year’s tournament which will now take place in Equatorial Guinea, the Super Eagles must beat their Congolese counterparts tomorrow with a minimum of a two-goal margin. Stephen Keshi and his boys will be seeking vengeance after suffering a loss to Congo in Calabar weeks back.
Saturday’s game will be keenly followed across the continent and will prove an opportunity for the Super Eagles and Stephen Keshi to win back the love of Nigerian football fans.
Photo Credit: Twitter (Hope Akpan)
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara