Estimated Reading Time: <1
Russia and Qatar have been confirmed as the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. World Football governing body, FIFA made this confirmation through their ethics committee on Thursday morning when it was made clear that there were just minor breaches in the bidding process and not major ones.
The chairman of adjudicatory chamber of the ethics committee, German judge Hans-Joachim Eckert published his finding in a 42-page document.
For 18 months now, American Attorney Michael Garcia has been investigating the bidding process of the 2018 and 2022 world cup
Russia and Qatar has now been cleared to host the tournament as the breaches which were discovered in the bidding process were of very limited scope.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match