Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Secretariat along Port Harcourt/Aba Expressway in Port Harcourt, has been set on fire in the early hours of today by unknown persons after tying up the security guards on duty.
Jerry Needam, the Special Adviser to Felix Obuah, Chairman of PDP, on Media who confirmed the incident said early arrival of state fire service helped to put out the fire.
Also confirming the fire incident, Obuah said that “An attempt to burn the party secretariat has being carried out by desperate politicians who want the party to postpone the party’s ward and local Government Congresses scheduled to take place tomorrow, Saturday. They have failed because arrangements have concluded and we are going ahead. Nobody can stop it. PDP will come tops”.
“We have watching on news of some desperate politicians threatening the party.”Obuah said.
The fire incident this morning is happening 24 hours after 15 Governorship Aspirants held a mega rally insisting on rotation of power in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, at the Liberation Stadium. Many of whom urged President Goodluck Jonathan and national leadership to intervene in crisis rocking the state branch of the party allegedly hijacked by the Nyesom Wike, former Minister for Education who also has ambition to be governor.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis