Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Magistrate’s Court sitting at Isabo, Abeokuta, Ogun State, yesterday, remanded a herdsman, Mohammed Ibrahim, in prison custody for allegedly killing his friend, Abdullahi Saliu, for sleeping with his (Ibrahim) wife.
The prosecutor, Corporal Moshood Hammed, told the court that the accused committed the alleged offence on October 11 at Ojubu Village in Abeokuta.
He said the accused killed his friend by hitting him with a stick on his head for sleeping with his wife.
He said: “The accused and the deceased were close friends and lived together in the same apartment.
“When the accused learned that the deceased slept with his wife while he was away from home, a fight ensued between the two men, which led to the murder of Saliu.”
Hammed said the offence contravened Sections 316 and 319 of the Criminal Laws of Ogun State.
The accused, who had no legal representation and whose plea was not taken by the court, is facing a charge of murder.
The magistrate, Mr. Martins Akinyemi, ordered that the accused be remanded in Oba Prison, while awaiting Director of Public Prosecution’s advice.
He, thereafter, adjourned the case to February 11, 2015, for further hearing.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English