Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Vice- President and presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has explained the reason for his absence at Wednesday’s Special Convention of the party.
Atiku made the explanation via his Facebook page “I was scheduled to return to Nigeria yesterday from a quick business trip abroad, but could not, due to last minute logistics changes.
This is why I couldn’t attend the APC Special Convention. Apologies to leaders & supporters of our great party, who were expecting me -AA,” he posted on his facebook wall.
The Special convention was convened to approve the party’s amended constitution and adopt its revised six point manifesto. It was also an avenue for all the other presidential aspirants to address party’s delegates.
Atiku’s major opponents for the party’s ticket, former Head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari and Kano state Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso were present at the convention.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases