Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ahead of today’s (Saturday) African Women’s Football Championship final in Windhoek Namibia, Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan has congratulated the Super Falcons for reaching the final of the competition and by that ensuring their qualification for next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.
The President has called on the Falcons to defeat Cameroon in today’s final and that way, maintain their domination of Women football in Africa. The President urged the Nigerian girls who are favourites to lift the trophy not to underrate their Cameroonian counterparts. He also sent them the good wishes of his government and hopes to welcome the girls and the trophy in Abuja soonest.
The Falcons defeated their South African colleagues to reach the 2014 AWC final. Goodluck girls!
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters