Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool lost 0-3 to Real Madrid last night at Anfield in a Champions League group match. The misfiring Balotelli kept on with his poor form for the Reds and was substituted at half time as Adam Lallana came on in his place.
Speaking after the match, Brendan Rodgers was upset that Mario Balotelli had swapped jerseys with Real Madrid’s Pepe at half time and promised to deal with the situation today (Thursday).
“It is not something I stand for. If you want to do that, do it at the end of the game. It is something I will deal with on Thursday,” the manager said
There was a similar situation at Stamford Bridge last season when Mamadou Sakho swapped jerseys with then Chelsea striker, Samuel Eto’o and Rodgers reflected on it.
“We had an incident last year with a player and that was something we dealt with internally.
“It’s something that doesn’t happen here and shouldn’t happen here,” he said.
Mario Balotelli has been a big disappointment at Liverpool after joining the Reds at the beginning of the season. He has only managed one goal since then and has been playing poorly. It may not be long before Rodgers will lose faith in the big Italian.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April