Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Senator Chris Anyanwu is stepping out to challenge incumbent governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha for the office of the governor ahead of the 2015 general elections in Nigeria.
The two-time Senate representing Imo East senatorial district, Senator Anyanwu, also member of the of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has said she is the right person for the job addressing her supporters in Owerri, the Imo State Capital.
Anyanwu promised to bring to bear exemplary leadership and ensure that democratic governance prevails in the state, in her speech, tagged “Imolites The Time Has Come”, she expressed outright displeasure over the state of Imo State’s economy under the Okorocha-led administration.
She said that as the best man for the job, and vowed to offer strategic leadership which would set Imo State back on track and also lift the state to a higher level of advancement and development.
Anyanwu who purchased the governorship form, and the only female governorship aspirant, has joined 21 other aspirants in the governorship race in the state under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle