Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Jonathan has ordered members of his cabinet interested in elective posts to resign from office. Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, confirmed this to pressman in Nasarawa over the weekend.
According to Saharareporters, Maku said that ministers who have political ambitions have been directed to resign their position by on October 20.
At least, about eight of the ministers are joggling to become governors of their states, even though some of them are afraid of leaving.
Among those expected to resign their appointments are Senator Bala Muhammed (Federal Capital Territory), Chief Emeka Wogu (Labour), Mr. Nyesom Wike (State, Education), Dr. Samuel Ortom (State, Trade, Industry and Investment) and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (State, Defence).
Maku spoke at his home state, Nasarawa, on Sunday. Among the ministers, it was however learnt that Muhammed, the minister of the FCT is seriously afraid to resign following the intelligence report the gathered that he was not wanted at home, Bauchi.
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown
- President Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole