Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Jonathan has ordered members of his cabinet interested in elective posts to resign from office. Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, confirmed this to pressman in Nasarawa over the weekend.
According to Saharareporters, Maku said that ministers who have political ambitions have been directed to resign their position by on October 20.
At least, about eight of the ministers are joggling to become governors of their states, even though some of them are afraid of leaving.
Among those expected to resign their appointments are Senator Bala Muhammed (Federal Capital Territory), Chief Emeka Wogu (Labour), Mr. Nyesom Wike (State, Education), Dr. Samuel Ortom (State, Trade, Industry and Investment) and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (State, Defence).
Maku spoke at his home state, Nasarawa, on Sunday. Among the ministers, it was however learnt that Muhammed, the minister of the FCT is seriously afraid to resign following the intelligence report the gathered that he was not wanted at home, Bauchi.
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari