Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Jonathan has ordered members of his cabinet interested in elective posts to resign from office. Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, confirmed this to pressman in Nasarawa over the weekend.
According to Saharareporters, Maku said that ministers who have political ambitions have been directed to resign their position by on October 20.
At least, about eight of the ministers are joggling to become governors of their states, even though some of them are afraid of leaving.
Among those expected to resign their appointments are Senator Bala Muhammed (Federal Capital Territory), Chief Emeka Wogu (Labour), Mr. Nyesom Wike (State, Education), Dr. Samuel Ortom (State, Trade, Industry and Investment) and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (State, Defence).
Maku spoke at his home state, Nasarawa, on Sunday. Among the ministers, it was however learnt that Muhammed, the minister of the FCT is seriously afraid to resign following the intelligence report the gathered that he was not wanted at home, Bauchi.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari and national assembly, scrap this bureau of corruption called NDDC
- Afenifere dissatisfied with reports of Tolulope Arotile’s death, asks for inquest
- Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) have merged
- Federal Government sets up investigative panel to probe alleged fraud in NSITF
- Buhari says gold mining will create 250,000 jobs in Nigeria
- Niger State assembly impeach house majority leader
- Former Governor Abdulaziz Yari demands apology from FAAN
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election