Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Jonathan has ordered members of his cabinet interested in elective posts to resign from office. Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, confirmed this to pressman in Nasarawa over the weekend.
According to Saharareporters, Maku said that ministers who have political ambitions have been directed to resign their position by on October 20.
At least, about eight of the ministers are joggling to become governors of their states, even though some of them are afraid of leaving.
Among those expected to resign their appointments are Senator Bala Muhammed (Federal Capital Territory), Chief Emeka Wogu (Labour), Mr. Nyesom Wike (State, Education), Dr. Samuel Ortom (State, Trade, Industry and Investment) and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (State, Defence).
Maku spoke at his home state, Nasarawa, on Sunday. Among the ministers, it was however learnt that Muhammed, the minister of the FCT is seriously afraid to resign following the intelligence report the gathered that he was not wanted at home, Bauchi.
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom
- Police parade teenager accused of carrying pistol to school in Cross River
- Breaking: Adamawa United driver regains freedom after abductors received N1m ransom
- Nigerian press are criminals for branding terrorist herders as criminals – Sheikh Gumi
- Despite allegations, we did not investigate new EFCC boss before confirmation – Senate Chairman on anti-corruption
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister