Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alhaji Abba Risqua, the son of former military head of state, late General Murtala Mohammed has joined the race for the Kano state Governorship elections on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
He made this declaration while inaugurating his campaign office in Kano.
“I, Abba Risqua Murtala Muhammed, on this day, Friday, the 10th of October, 2014, hereby declare my intention to seek the highest political office in Kano State as Governor (on) the platform of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
“My resolve to contest the governorship seat resulted after several months of state-wide consultations, from family members, friends and several thousands of members of our party who are convinced about my capacity to lead the state”, he said.
He said his focus will be on the five fold road map on energy,economy,agriculture, education and infrastructure.
“we must provide the infrastructure for businesses to thrive, for commerce to flourish on a global scale and for investors to perceive Kano State as the preferred investment destination”.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu