Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alhaji Abba Risqua, the son of former military head of state, late General Murtala Mohammed has joined the race for the Kano state Governorship elections on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
He made this declaration while inaugurating his campaign office in Kano.
“I, Abba Risqua Murtala Muhammed, on this day, Friday, the 10th of October, 2014, hereby declare my intention to seek the highest political office in Kano State as Governor (on) the platform of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
“My resolve to contest the governorship seat resulted after several months of state-wide consultations, from family members, friends and several thousands of members of our party who are convinced about my capacity to lead the state”, he said.
He said his focus will be on the five fold road map on energy,economy,agriculture, education and infrastructure.
“we must provide the infrastructure for businesses to thrive, for commerce to flourish on a global scale and for investors to perceive Kano State as the preferred investment destination”.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown