Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alhaji Abba Risqua, the son of former military head of state, late General Murtala Mohammed has joined the race for the Kano state Governorship elections on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
He made this declaration while inaugurating his campaign office in Kano.
“I, Abba Risqua Murtala Muhammed, on this day, Friday, the 10th of October, 2014, hereby declare my intention to seek the highest political office in Kano State as Governor (on) the platform of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
“My resolve to contest the governorship seat resulted after several months of state-wide consultations, from family members, friends and several thousands of members of our party who are convinced about my capacity to lead the state”, he said.
He said his focus will be on the five fold road map on energy,economy,agriculture, education and infrastructure.
“we must provide the infrastructure for businesses to thrive, for commerce to flourish on a global scale and for investors to perceive Kano State as the preferred investment destination”.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries