Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Vice President and APC Presidential Aspirant, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has denied speculation that he may have referred to former Head of state and competition for the APC ticket, General Muhammadu Buhari as a fundamentalist.
Atiku made this denial via his twitter account @atiku
“I’ve read reports calling my fellow APC leader, and statesman, General Buhari a religious fundamentalist.”
“The report clearly is a mischievous attempt by the PDP media, to cause discord within the APC, especially supporters of General Buhari -AA”
I’m committed to support whichever candidate the delegates of our great party present to fly the APC flag in the 2015 elections -AA
I have recently commended General Buhari’s support of internal democracy in our party, APC. My statement in that regard still stands – AA
I would refer our supporters to the full text of my Sallah statement – General Buhari did not feature in it by name or innuendo, the former vice President added.
He said the report clearly is a mischievous attempt by obvious political opponents of the APC and the PDP media, seeking to cause discord within the ranks of the party, especially supporters of General Buharim”
He referred supporters of the party to his Sallah statement where he commended the former military head of state for his support of internal democracy in APC.
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code