Estimated Reading Time: <1
Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has said defeating the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in in his home state Kaduna state will be as simple as reading “ABCD”. He also waved off the influence of Vice President Namadi Sambo in the run off to the 2015 elections, saying Sambo’s influence is next to nothing.
El-Rufai, a governorship of the All Progressive Congress, APC, donated 15 campaign vehicles to the state executives of APC.
“Kaduna State is being run by grossly incompetent government that must be unseated for purposeful unity and development,” Mr. El Rufai said.
“Defeating incumbent government is not difficult because the PDP did not win last election, it was rigged. The CPC (defunct Congress for Progressive Change) won last election in Kaduna state and we all know what happened. We all know the efforts to militarise the state to write results, and we are going to resist it this time.
“I have no doubt in my mind that the PDP in Kaduna is gone, it is history. It is just a matter of time and in February 2015 we will prove that. It is not a problem at all, a non-performing government is making people poor and insecurity going they can’t just perform.”
On whether the APC will be threatened with presence of Vice President Namadi Sambo, Mr. El-Rufai said “What Vice President who has never won election in his own polling unit? Forget about the Vice President, forget about money, it is about people and the people of Kaduna will never vote for the PDP with Vice President or not Vice President.
“I don’t have god-father, the only god-father I have is the God Almighty himself. I have never had god-fathers in my life but I have mentors I respect, like General Muhammadu Buhari the leader of our party. I have same for former President Olusegun Obasanjo. I worked for him but even Obasanjo cannot force me to do what is not right. I am not designed so,” he insisted.
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River