Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Manchester United striker, Danny Welbeck was on fire last night when he bagged a hat-trick as his team, Arsenal humiliated Galatasaray of Turkey, 4-1 in a Champions League match.
Speaking to SkySports after the game, Welbeck’s former team and United legend, Gary Neville stated that the Three Lions forward can be as great as Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry if manager, Arsene Wenger can repeat the magic he did with the Frenchman years back
“I think it’s consistency for Danny, consistency in a number of areas”.
“One, just playing, he said it himself, playing as a centre-forward regularly, he was in and out of United’s team and he was in and out of playing centre-forward, he was playing left and right wing.
“And then obviously the biggest thing, his centre-forward play for outside the box is sensational, his work-rate, his touch, it’s just that consistency of finishing and I think that will come from confidence and belief. It’s making sure that when he gets in that left channel he has a finish, when he gets one-on-one with the goalkeeper in a central area he has a finish.”
He also warned Chelsea to be aware of Welbeck as they lock horns with Arsenal this Sunday
“He’s unplayable at times, he’s a nightmare. He plays against John Terry and Gary Cahill on Sunday – they will not want to play against him. He’s quick, he’s strong, it’s just the last bit has got to be delivered more consistently.
“It was top centre-forward play tonight and if he can get goals more consistently to his game you have got a real top-class centre-forward there.
“What Arsene Wenger did when Thierry Henry came to Arsenal, people forget at Monaco… I played against him as a 17-year-old, he was very raw, he played as a left winger… in fact his control was poor, he wasn’t a goalscorer in those early years, however when he went to Arsenal it just completely took off for him.
“They were Thierry Henry goals and I’m not going to compare him to Thierry Henry because he’s one of the best players in the world and one of the best players we ever had in the Premier League. But if Arsene Wenger can work with Danny Welbeck in the same way he did with Thierry Henry he will get an absolute bagful of goals.”
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English