Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
Taking a cue from President Goodluck Jonathan’s many campaign groups, 28 groups have endorsed former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
The groups which include the Save Nigeria APC Group, Turaki Network for Change, Atiku Youth Assembly, Atiku Youth Vanguard, Turaki Network East Alliance, Igbo Progressive Forum, Northern Youth Voters Forum, Northern Grassroots Advocacy Group and Raba Gargadama Nationwide, National Youth Advocacy for Good Governance, APC Youth Congress, ABUFON 2015 and Turaki Support Group said at a Joint conference in Abuja that they will work for the realization of Atiku’s ambition.
The others are North East Progressive Movement, Mohammed Dukku-Atiku Support Group, Bauchi Youth Coalition for Turaki, North-East Integrated Youth Organisation, APC Women/Youth League, Bauchi Assembly of Youths and Political Actors for Progressive Change, Atangha Atangha, Delta Horizon Group, Rescue Youth Group, Special Disability Aid in Action and Bauchi Youth Coalition for Turaki.
The groups, some of which attended the declaration ceremony, said . Atiku’s programmes contained the most thought-out agenda for the youths.
They said, “Having listened to the Turaki Adamawa at different fora and during his presidential bid declaration speech, we have all come to a common and indisputable conclusion that he (Atiku) is ready more than anyone else among those contending for the presidency in 2015, to accommodate the youths and address issues of concern to us if he becomes the president of this country. Consequently, we have decided to throw our unalloyed support behind his candidature and also encourage other youth groups across the country to take the same decision.”
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation