Estimated Reading Time: <1
Taraba state Governor Danbaba Suntai has said that he will not appear before the recently-constituted medical panel set up by the state House of Assembly to determine his state of health.
The Speaker, Mr. Josiah Sabo Kente, had set up a five-man medical team to investigate the “true state of health” of Suntai.
The action followed a letter from the State Executive Council to the lawmakers to constitute a medical panel to ascertain the “mental and physical condition of the governor so as to know whether he is capable of steering the affairs of the state.”.
The Attorney-General And Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Timothy Kataps, who spoke on behalf of Suntai in a an interview with The Punch on Sunday, said that since the matter was already before the court, it was not advisable for the governor to appear before the panel. He said the medical panel is one of the contentions of the Governor in court.
“Remember that the issue of a medical team to examine Suntai was part of the reliefs we sought in an earlier suit we filed against the House of Assembly. So, until that case is dispensed with, it will not be wise for the governor to appear before any medical team.”
It will be recalled that since his return two weeks ago, Suntai has not stepped foot in Taraba state remaining in a privare residence in Abuja.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”