Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has extended the second phase of the Continuous Voter Registration exercise by seven days in 11 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
This was contained in a statement by the commission, which said that the exercise would last from Monday, September 22 till Sunday, September 28.
The affected states are Anambra, Bauchi, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, FCT, Jigawa, Kwara, Ondo, Oyo, Sokoto and Yobe, and the exercise will be carried out at the local government level of each state.
INEC advised eligible voters in the affected states to take the advantage of the extension to register in order to vote in the 2015 General Elections.
The statement also stated that the extension became neccessary after the Commission received many requests for the extension.
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters
- Newly released Senator Orji Kalu proposes amendment to criminal justice act