Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
Mr. Dan Bature, the newly deployed Commisioner of Police for Rivers State has denied the allegation by Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that he was deployed to the state on the orders of the President’s wife, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to install a Peoples Democratic Party governor in 2015.
Bature said that the allegations were made by the Governor in order to provoke him stating that his posting to the state was to carry out his normal police mandate and not for any political reasons as alleged by the Governor.
“I have deliberately decided not to respond to Governor Amaechi’s insinuation that I was posted to the Rivers State Police Command on the behest of Mrs. Jonathan to enthrone Governor Amaechi’s successor at the 2015 governorship election at all cost.
“I don’t think there is any reason for me to respond to comments made by Governor Amaechi as regards my posting. For the records, I came to Rivers State on a normal mandate; I came to Rivers State on a clear mandate.
“I came because there was a vacuum created by the promotion of my predecessor, Assistant Inspector General, Tunde Ogunsakin. Comments about my posting to Rivers State are highly embarrassing because police postings should not be matters that should be discussed on the pages of newspapers,” he said.
He added, “My posting is essentially a national duty. Comments about my posting to Rivers State are very embarrassing. Comments about my posting are misleading and irrelevant. Whatever you have read about my posting is designed to provoke me.
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment
- The army has no right to declare any citizen wanted; Court rules
- Nollywood star Ini Edo re-appointed tourism ambassador for Akwa Ibom
- Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi Mandela dies at 59