Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chief Orji Kalu, the immediate past governor of Abia state and Chairman of Slok Group of Companies has purchased a brand new Gulfstream G650 jet worth $72 million (N11.5 billion).
The jet, according to www.bayoadeyinka.com, landed Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, in the early hours of Thursday 18 September from New York.
“It is arguably the fastest civilian jet in the world, has room for a basketball team, 8,000-statute-mile range and some of the most sophisticated avionics rivaling nearly anything in the sky, and it’s also perfect for doing business on a global scale.
Gulfstream described the aircraft as ultra-high-speed, ultra-long-range business jet and the gold standard in business aviation. Former governor of Borno state, Ali Modu Sheriff was first to acquire the jet in Nigeria,” writes the blogger.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest