Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
In order to arrest the bombings and other spate of violence in the North, President Goodluck Jonathan is currently meeting with traditional rulers from the region led by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Saad Abubakar III,
The meeting which started at about by 9:25pm, has in attendance the Vice President, Namadi Sambo, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Information, Labaran Maku amongst others.
Earlier in Wednesday, the traditional rulers had met in Kaduan to discuss the security issues affecting them commonly as a region. The meeting was attended by the chairmen of traditional rulers council from each of the 19 northern states.
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss