Estimated Reading Time: <1
Despite being unable to convert any of the chances created for him during Chelsea’s disappointing 1-1 draw in Wednesday’s Champions League match against Schalke, Jose Mourinho has refused to criticize Ivorian, Didier Drogba.
While Diego Costa and Loic Remy started from the bench, Drogba was given the nod to lead the attack but he could not provide the goal which would have given his side the three maximum points.
Speaking to reporters after the match, Mourinho had this to say:
“He had a positive game. I’m not disappointed with the striker because of one inch, he scores a goal or doesn’t score a goal.
“I am happy with what he did. If he scores that goal in this moment we’re speaking about 2-0, not 1-1. We had very good chances to score the 2-0 and we didn’t.
“After the 1-1 we had a fantastic reaction and chances to win the game but that’s football, that’s Champions League, that’s normal.
“Congratulations to them because they got their objective. Yes, a little bit of frustration for us because we did everything to win and we couldn’t.”
Diego Costa is expected to to return to the starting lineup when Chelsea face title rivals, Manchester City on Sunday in a Barclay’s premier league match.
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel