Estimated Reading Time: <1
Today 17/9/2014 at about 1530hrs, two armed men detonated Improvised Explosive devices at the lecture Hall of Federal College of Education, Zaria Road, Kano.
Thereafter, they began sporadic shooting outside the premises. Police team from a nearby Tactical Operations Point responded and shot dead the two (2) insurgents. Their AK 47 rifles were recovered.
On examination of the scene of the explosion, fifteen (15) dead bodies were recovered, while thirty-four (34) injured were taken to hospital for treatment.
The Police has sealed the scene of crime and commenced investigation.
Today at about 12noon, a group of villagers in Kamba, Kebbi State, were about to lynch a national of Niger Republic, named Adamu Gaya, on suspicion of involvement in an alleged ritual murder of a young girl.
The Police rescued and brought him into protective custody. However, irate villagers attacked the Police station and destroyed the communication base. They also burnt two (2) Police vehicles, and nine (9) motorcycles. Also smashed were the windscreens of four (4) cars parked at the premises. The mob also burnt the official residence of the Divisional Police Officer. In the attack, four (4) persons lost their lives. Eighty-nine (89) persons have been arrested for the violence.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ag.IGP Suleiman Abba has therefore called on citizens not to take laws into their hands rather they should assist law enforcement officers in maintenance of law and order in the society.
Ag.CP EMMANUEL OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law